Flexible, use with any system
The Miles 33 Directory Pagination System is extremely flexible and can accept input from Miles 33 or other front-end systems. Multiple style data files can be used to produce publications, i.e., Miles 33, XML, SGML, DIAD, 3L System Group, even from proprietary in-house systems.
Style and typographic parameters are retained, making the pagination process fast, accurate and highly efficient.
Advanced Features leads to efficiencies
Speaking of efficiencies, the Miles 33 Directory Pagination System offers many tools and features that will make the entire process a breeze. Consider:
- High speed batch pagination for maximum efficiency.
- WYSIWYG interactive manipulation of pages with "drag and drop" functionality.
- Individual control of all the aesthetic typesetting requirements of the listings and their relative spacing based on what type of listing/ad precedes it.
- Multiple levels of continued headers.
- Highly sophisticated cross-referencing between listings and ads, whites and yellows.
Example for listings/ads (wording is user definable):
(See our ad on this page)
(See our ad next page)
(See our ad previous page)
(See our ad page 16)
(See our ad pages 15, 22, 125, 250)
Automation reduces costs, increases quality
Whether batch or interactive mode, the system monitors the placement of all moving parts and automatically inserts continued lines, fillers, thumb tabs, etc., dramatically speeding up the process. Processes that can be automated include:
- Automatic user-defined ad placement and touching rules controls.
- Automatic and manual filler placement, including general, classification specific, paid-for, and inventory controlled
- Automatic generation of continued headers (spread to spread, page to page, and/or column to column).
- Automatic generation of continued footers (spread to spread, page to page, and/or column to column).
- Automatic generation of thumb tabs.
- Automatic generation of special sections, i.e., Attorneys, Insurance, Restaurants; optionally, different thumb tabs and headings can be produced for these sections.
- Automatic generation of telltales including controls to determine what gets extracted, i.e., first, last, entire classification heading wording, abbreviated heading).
- Automatic multi-level indexing.
- Automatic surname suppression (white pages).